- From a one-time consultation to a full-service renovation, I can tailor my design services to fit your needs depending on the scope of the project.
FOR FULL-SERVICE RENOVATIONS THE DESIGN PROCESS MIGHT WORK LIKE THIS:
STEP ONE: INITIAL DESIGN CONSULTATION / PROGRAMMING PHASE
- The first meeting will give me an understanding of the project that is to be designed, your priorities, design aesthetic, and what styles you are drawn to. This will enable me to visually grasp the space and help me to design with your personality in mind . . . a checklist of likes and dislikes will be developed.
STEP TWO: SURVEY / PHOTOS
- Accurate measurements will be taken as well as photographs of the spaces to document the areas that will be designed.
STEP THREE: DRAWING PHASE
- The foundation of a great design always starts out with a solid floor plan, elevations and 3Ds to communicate my design concepts. During this phase, I will explore the architectural elements of the space, adding and subtracting different design features. A furniture and lighting plan is also developed. These are key to generating the proper sizes of furniture, rugs, and fixtures and also ensure that the circulation through the space is comfortable.
STEP FOUR: DESIGN CONCEPT & SELECTION . . . SHOPPING : )
- Once the floor plan and architectural detailing ideas are approved then the selection of furniture, fixtures, and materials begins. The color palette is also formulated during this phase. Lighting is finalized at this time as well. The overall look of the entire space starts to come to life as each item is chosen.
STEP FIVE: PURCHASING & CONSTRUCTION
- During this phase, the purchasing of all selected items begins. We will also start to collaborate with my courteous craftsmen (or yours) and the construction phase is started.
STEP SIX: INSTALLATION
- All furniture, fixtures, and window treatments have been installed. The project is now complete and ready to be lived in and enjoyed!